L'optimisme, ce n'est pas le refus de voir ce qui ne va pas, c'est le désir de ne pas s'y attarder. // Donne moi le courage de changer les choses que je peux changer, la sérénité d'accepter celles que je ne peux pas changer, et la sagesse de distinguer entre les deux. (Marc Aurèle) // Don't raise your voice; improve your argument. (Desmond Tutu) // Be the change you want to see in the world. (Gandhi)

31.3.12

A woman was walking along the beach when she stumbled upon a bottle. She picked it up & rubbed it, & lo & behold a Genie appeared. The amazed woman asked if she got three wishes.

The Genie said, "Nope, sorry. Three-wish genies are a myth. Most of us are just single types. I am a one-wish genie. So...what will it be?

The woman didn't hesitate. She said, "I want peace in the Middle East. See this map? I want these countries to stop fighting with each other. It will bring about world peace & harmony.

The Genie looked at the map & exclaimed: "Lady, be reasonable! These countries have been at war for thousands of years. I am, out of shape after being in a bottle for centuries. I am good but not THAT good!

Don't think it can be done. Make another wish & please make it a bit more reasonable.

The woman thought for a minute & said, "Well, I have never been able to find the right man. You know, one that's considerate and fun, likes to cook and helps with the housecleaning, is great in bed and gets along with my family, doesn't watch sports all the time, and is faithful...and handsome. That is what I wish for a good man I can marry and make my mate."

The Genie let out a long sigh, shook his head and said "Show me the damn map again!"

No comments: