L'optimisme, ce n'est pas le refus de voir ce qui ne va pas, c'est le désir de ne pas s'y attarder. // Donne moi le courage de changer les choses que je peux changer, la sérénité d'accepter celles que je ne peux pas changer, et la sagesse de distinguer entre les deux. (Marc Aurèle) // Don't raise your voice; improve your argument. (Desmond Tutu) // Be the change you want to see in the world. (Gandhi)

26.2.07


- A quoi tu penses ?
- Je pense que le jour où on mettra les cons sur orbite, t'as pas fini de tourner.
(Michel Audiard in le Pacha)
Good post about asshole in a a post of Guy Kawasaki.
Take a look to see advices about asshole.
Hope for the best, but expect the worst.
Develop indifference and emotional detachment.
Look for small wins.
Limit your exposure. Expose them.
De-escalate and re-educate. Well, this strategy requires that the asshole you’re dealing with isn’t a chronic, certified, and flagrant asshole.

Stand up to them.
Funny thing about assholes: Standing up to them shouldn’t necessarily scare you. While I was an Apple employee, I was in a meeting with a highly placed Apple exec and Apple’s ad agency. The ad agency person showed the new television spots and said he’d give a copy to the Apple exec and me. The Apple exec told the agency person not to give one to me.
I spoke up: Are you saying you don’t trust me?
The Apple exec answered: Yes.
To which I replied, That’s okay because I don’t trust you either.
And You know what? The sun rose the next day, and my family still loved me.

No comments: